Workshops should focus on areas of active research, in order to provide an informal forum for participants to exchange developing research results and ideas. Tutorials should target established fields of research, in order to provide descriptions on its state of the art, by individuals who are recognised researchers of the field. We encourage state of the art programs with high level of interest, impact, creativity and innovation that will attract a broad audience. Workshops and tutorials focusing on academia-industry partnership and technology transfer of robotics research are welcome. Workshops and tutorials explicitly targeting the involvement of students and young researchers as presenters and\or target audience are also welcome. The primary criteria for selection are anticipated level of interest, impact, novelty or creativity, and technical background of presenters.
The submission of a tutorial or workshop contribution must be accompanied by a summarising pdf file with the following information:
• Format (indicate full or half day, workshop or tutorial);
• Main Organiser (one person only, complete address, phone, and email);
• Co-organisers (complete address, and email);
• Abstract (up to 300 words);
• Statement of objectives;
• Intended audience;
• List of topics;
• Tentative list of presenters, including status of commitment (to be contacted / Invited / confirmed) along with 2-3 keywords on their background.
The proposal must be submitted via the Paperplaza submission site for the conference.
Upon approval the organisers will be asked to produce and maintain a dedicated workshop webpage which shall be used to disseminate updated information on the workshop and also to raise interest from potential additional presenters and participants. The organisers will also be required to collect and integrate workshop proceedings before the workshop, and to make these materials available to the conference organisation in due time for the production of the IROS2012 workshop\tutorial proceedings (issued as a CD, DVD or equivalent).
The workshops and tutorials will be held before and after the main conference, on the 7th of October, and on Friday the 12th of October. They will take place at main conference venue, Hotel Tivoli Marina Vilamoura in Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal, were multiple conference rooms are available.
- Workshop and tutorial proposals due: March 12, 2012; (CLOSED)
- Notification of acceptance for W/T: April 20, 2012;
- Workshops and tutorials take place: October 7 and 12, 2012.
We look forward to hosting your workshops and tutorials at IROS2012.